Kutaisi Puppet Theater
Kutaisi Puppet State Professional Theater was established on 31 December 1946. The first performance was “White pug-dog” by A. Beliashvili was held on this day, its director was Dodo Antadze and art director was Sergo Tsagareishvili. Creativity of the puppet theater was always on the high level and it continues till now. 30 active plays are in the theater repertoire, serving spiritual and esthetic upbringing of the future generation, creating their character, behavior and will. Little ones are most precious, that’s why the role of the puppet theater is the primary in this activity. The theater actively participate in the charity events, holds tours in the districts and regions, participates in the theatric festivals. More than 70 years prominent representatives of the Georgian culture manage household and creative activities: Dodo Antadze, Davit Mandaria, Davit Kvitsaridze, Shota Pirveli, Levan Shengelia, Gervasi Tskhadadze, Simon Vachnadze, Murman Purtskhvanidze, Levan Rokhvadze, Shalva Kebadze, Ia Iashvili, Levan Gabridzidze, Teimuraz Baghdavadze. Kutaisi State Puppet Theater was awarded by the name after Iakob Gogebashvili in 1990.